CHOR DIVISION RULES
Maxt Out offers the ability for choreographers to compete with their creative talents in our CHOR(eographers) Division. Choreographers have the ability to choreograph their own project and compete against other choreographers in their age division.
- Major CHOR Division: Choreographers must be 18 years old and/or older.
- Minor CHOR Division: Choreographers must be 17 years old and/or younger.
- The dancers in their project may be of any Only the choreographers must be in the correct age division. Dancers in their project may ONLY dance with ONE CHOR division group. Dancers from a Crew division are OKAY to dance in any CHOR division dance.
- 5 minute routine maximum for MAJOR CHOR
- Points will be deducted for longer routines: 1 point will be deducted for every 10 seconds over 5 minutes
- 4 minute routine maximum for MINOR CHOR
- Points will be deducted for longer routines: 1 point will be deducted for every 10 seconds over 3 minutes
- Each choreographer’s routine must consist of 10 or more dancers
- All CHOR competitive projects will be judged as street routines: Hip Hop, Breakdance, Funk, Lyrical Hip Hop, Popping, etc…
- Complete dance crews MAY NOT compete in the CHOR division to avoid competing in the Crew
- All choreography and entire routine MUST ONLY be created by the competing Please respect the competitive choreographers and competition requirements for this division. Outside choreography and creative input is NOT allowed and choreographers will be disqualified from their division if this happens.
- Judges will be split into two categories: Technical Merit and Artistic Merit. A sample score sheet will be emailed to Directors two weeks prior to event.
- All routines MUST be free of ANY and ALL profanity, curse words and explicit or sexual lyrics and This is a FAMILY show. Please respect our guidelines and requirements on this issue. Absolutely NO exceptions will be made. We know this may sound a little silly, but because teams are subject to a 1 point penalization for EACH curse word, here is a list of the words you may not use in any derivative: F**k, A$$, A$$hole, B!tch, H*e, N!**a, C*nt, Whº&e, Sh!t, P*$$y, P!$$, C*ck, T!t$, Tw@t, He!! Thank you for understanding and we apologize for having to be so specific.
- Choreography is subject to penalization if it is deemed lewd or For example no grabbing of genitalia, licking body parts, or inappropriate rubbing or grinding. Deductions are one point per inappropriate action.
- Registration opens July 1, 2016
- Registration closes September 1, 2016
- All approved submissions will be notified by September 15, 2016
- Payment & roster due by October 1, 2016
REGISTRATION FEES – NEW!
- $30 per dancer due by October 1, 2016 (early)
- $40 per dancer due by October 15, 2016 (regular)
- $5 late fee per dancer if payment is submitted October 16th or after
- Overall Alpha Award: Highest points total over all divisions incl. Minor & Major = $1000 Cash Prize & Trophy
- 1st Place: $300 Cash Prize & Trophy
- 2nd Place: $150 Cash Prize & Trophy
- 3rd Place: Trophy
- Viewer’s Choice Overall On-line Award: $100 cash or Sponsor Gift
- Please note that all awards are awarded 10-14 days after competition via mail
- Nothing may be thrown on stage that will affect the performance of another team. (Glitter, powder, feathers, etc)
- Maxt Out is not responsible for any lost or stolen property in or on the premises.
- Prize money will NOT be given on the day of the show. Awards will be mailed in the following 2 weeks after the competition.
- JAYVEE EMPIRE INC reserves all rights to group performances, group names and group pictures for promotional