Maxt Out offers the ability for dance crews to compete in their Minor or Major Crew Division. The minor crew division is for all high school, studio and private teams under the age of 18. The major crew division is for all private, collegiate and street crews. Maxt Out is looking for dance crews in Hip Hop, Street, Funk, Breakdance and more to compete in this year’s competition.
- Major Crew Division: 18 years old and/or older - Crews are allowed to have one 17 year old dancer for every 10 For example: A dance crew with 30 dancers may have up to three 17 year old dancers on their crew. Dancers 16 years or younger are NOT allowed to compete in Major Crews.
- Minor Crew Division: 17 years old and/or younger – Crews are allowed to have one 18 – 19 year old dancer for every 10 For example: A dance crew with 20 dancers may have up to two 18 or 19 year old dancers on their crew. Dancers 20 years or older are NOT allowed to compete in Minor Crews.
- Each dance crew MUST consist of 10 or more dancers
- 6 minute routine maximum for Major and Minor Crew
- (Points will be deducted for longer routines: 1 point will be deducted for every 10 seconds over 6 minutes)
- Teams will be scored in 5 categories: Precision (30), Fundamentals (25), Dance/ Choreography (25), Projection/Performance (10) and Overall Performance (10). Judges will be split into two categories: Technical Merit and Artistic Merit. A sample score sheet will be emailed to Directors two weeks prior to event.
- In the case of a tie, it will be broken with the Precision If the Precision score is identical, it will be broken by the Dance/Choreography score.
- Judges may score in half
- All routines MUST be free of ANY and ALL profanity, curse words and explicit or sexual lyrics and This is a FAMILY show. Please respect our guidelines and requirements on this issue. Absolutely NO exceptions will be made.We know this may sound a little silly, but because teams are subject to a 1 point penalization for EACH curse word, here is a list of the words you may not use in any derivative: F**k, A$$, A$$hole, B!tch, H*e, N!**a, C*nt, Whº&e, Sh!t, P*$$y, P!$$, C*ck, T!t$, Tw@t, He!! Thank you for understanding and we apologize for having to be so specific.
- Choreography is subject to penalization if it is deemed lewd or For example no grabbing of genitalia, licking body parts, or inappropriate rubbing or grinding. Deductions are one point per inappropriate action.
- Registration opens July 1, 2016
- Registration closes September 1, 2016
- All approved submissions will be notified by September 15, 2016
- Payment & roster due by October 1, 2016
- $30 per dancer due by October 1, 2016 (early)
- $40 per dancer due by October 15, 2016 (regular)
- $5 late fee per dancer if payment is submitted October 16th or after
- Overall Alpha Award: Highest points total over all divisions including Minor & Major= $1000 & Trophy
- 1st Place: $500 Cash Prize & Trophy
- 2nd Place: $250 Cash Prize & Trophy
- 3rd Place: Trophy
- Viewer’s Choice Overall On-line Award: $100 cash or Sponsor Gift
- Please note that all awards are awarded 10-14 days after competition via mail
- Nothing may be thrown on stage that will affect the performance of another team. (Glitter, powder, feathers, etc)
- Maxt Out is not responsible for any lost or stolen property in or on the premises.
- Prize money will NOT be given on the day of the show. Awards will be mailed in the following 2 weeks after the competition.
- JAYVEE EMPIRE INC reserves all rights to group performances, group names and group pictures for promotional